People are the heartbeat of your organization. Their efforts and collaboration sustain the organization as they work toward its mission and goals. There are many heartbeats within the iVision organization, including the Service Delivery Managers. This team is the direct line to our managed services clients, pumping the lifeblood of their talents and skills to support the clients they manage.
The Role of a Service Delivery Manager
Service Delivery Managers at iVision oversee the successful delivery of managed services engagements for our core practice areas. The team works closely with members of many other functional areas, including our consulting services practice, Global Service Center, business development, external global clientele and vendors. The main priority of the Service Delivery team is to ensure the health of each client’s infrastructure and system environment.
The Service Delivery team is crucial to ensuring client deliverables are being managed effectively. They demonstrate influence within hands-on project management, client management, best-practice delivery and leadership. Overall, they maintain a high level of customer engagement.
“We manage relationships and technical delivery for our managed services clients and internal support teams. Basically, we help ensure iVision keeps and grows that steady monthly income needed to sustain the business.” – Don Carangelo, Senior Delivery Manager, iVision
Service Delivery Managers do the following for Managed Services Clients:
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of client’s managed service environments
- Ensure the health of the client’s environments to minimize exposure and risk
- Resolve and/or escalate incidents and problems in a timely fashion
- Manage client expectations within the contracts while developing long-lasting relationships
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Create or execute work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs or requirements
- Work cross-functionally to identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities
- Build a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives
- Effectively apply our methodology and enforce operational readiness standards
- Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Effectively facilitate scheduled client meetings
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and practices for potential application in client’s IT environments
- Identify opportunities for contract expansion and manage the process of innovative change
- Work with business development to validate service SOWs/support contracts
Service Delivery Managers at iVision
At iVision, we focus on customer satisfaction. We measure it, ensure standards are met and make sure we regularly interact with the client. We also help build rapport, credibility and, when needed, help to resolve complaints about service performance.
In essence, the Service Delivery Manager is here to deliver responsive service and make sure the customer is first. Beyond this, we are members of the team that knows and understands the client’s wants and needs inside out. We keep things moving for the client’s benefit.